- 8oz can of tomato sauce
- 2 onions
- 1 packet of fresh garlic
- 2 Bell Peppers
- 2 Jalapeños
- 2 tsp of Paprika
- 2 cans of Rotel™ green and red chili
- 1 can of beans of choice
- 1 tsp of Curry
- 3 tsp of chili powder
- Can add ground beef or be eaten as a vegetarian meal
Other items to add to taste; a pinch is only necessary however add to your preference.
- Black Pepper
- Crushed Red Pepper
- Soy Sauce (sounds odd but it’s good)
- Cayenne Pepper
- Sauté Garlic and Onions.
- If adding ground beef brown in a separate pan
- Mix all dry ingredients and fresh/canned ingredients separately.
- Place all canned, fresh, and sautéed/cooked ingredients in a large pot and set the stove on medium heat stirring occasionally for 10 minutes.
- Now add all your mixed dry ingredients, add water lukewarm water for preference on thickness.
- Cook on high until bubbling. Reduce heat for 45 minutes to an hour on a simmer or low, do not let it come back to a boil. Stir occasionally to prevent sticking to the pot.
- Top with your favorite items!
- We suggest shredded cheese, sour cream, Fritos™ or Saltines and we hope you enjoy!
*Edit: My husband’s side of the family enjoys their chili over white rice*
Photo Copyright of http://www.chowhound.com